Thursday, August 27, 2009


Hello

My name is Ivan and I am Roshan's dad. Roshan is a 6th grader at SMA.

I love the game of chess and have been playing for a long time. Last year I coached Roshan's school chess team & we had a lot of fun leaning the game & competing in tournaments. I would like to do the same at SMA. This is a link to the blog I created last year: Click here.

The benefits of kids learning the game have been well documented. Here is information from the USCF (United States Chess Federation) : Click Here

The following link : Click here is a great resource where kids (and adults) can learn the game at his or her own pace. I would like all the kids in the team to go through the lessons in order.

My plan is to meet once a week and compete in local chess tournaments. The first event is on September 19th. This event is a beginner event for kids that have not competed in USCF events.

If you have any questions please leave them as comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment